Accelerated Wound Care Program
We are happy to announce our new Accelerated Wound Care Program now being offered here at Tri-State Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
Our Accelerated Wound Care Program provides an environment where short and/or long term residents are provided quality services for a speedy recovery and return home. We provide comprehensive wound care treatment to guide each resident and family member through the recovery process. We offer each resident access to state-of-the-art inpatient clinical wound care management. We specialize in advanced wound care using a variety of outcome based clinical treatments and therapies to treat all types of wounds. Our holistic approach to wound care enjoys a greater success rate in facilitating and accelerating the healing process.
Our program will:
- Identify primary and secondary factors that contribute to altered skin integrity.
- Conduct a thorough wound assessment of patients with both acute and chronic wounds
- Use the assessment data to develop individualized care strategies to manage and heal patients complex wounds
- Implement evidence based practices to prevent additional skin breakdown
- Collaborate with patients and families along with the interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive wound care
- Provide nutritional meals coordinated by our licensed dieticians to promote the healing process
We provide Wound Care treatment for:
- Diabetic ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Neuropathic ulcers
- Traumatic wounds
- Surgical wounds
- Chronic wounds
- Stasis ulcers
Our Dedicated Professionals
We know we will have a high success rate because of our dedicated team of professionals. Our Accelerated Wound Care Program has its own specialty team that consists of:
- Physician Specialists
- Multiple Certified and Specially Trained Wound Care Nurses
- Certified Nurses Aides
Meet our Doctor
We are also very fortunate to have on staff Dr. Dhapodkar who is a General/Burn Surgeon with many years of experience. She received her Doctor of Medicine from the University of Antigua and graduated Summa Cum Laude. Dr. Dhapodkar is Board Certified with the ABWM as a Certified Wound Specialist-Physician. She is a consultant with Vohra Post-Acute Physicians Group which is a multi-specialty, interdisciplinary wound and skin care management team.